Data protection statement
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we provide information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all the data which can be obtained personally about you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user conduct.
(2) Responsible for this in accordance with Article 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the TWE GmbH & Co. KG, Hollefeldstr. 46, 48282 Emsdetten, email@example.com (please see our legal notice). You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the additional address line "The Data Protection Officer".
(3) When you contact us by email or by using a contact form, the information provided by you (your email address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data which arises in this context after the storage is no longer required or limit the processing thereof if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we rely upon contracted service providers for the individual functions of our offer or we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we also name the criteria stipulated for the duration of the storage.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) Where we are concerned, you have the following rights with respect to the personal data which affects you:
- the right to information,
- the right to rectification or deletion,
- the right to restriction of any processing,
- the right to opposition to any processing,
- the right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to a data protection supervisory authority.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of merely informative use of the website, that means if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we collect only the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you, and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) of the GDPR):
- the IP address
- the date and time of the request
- the time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- the content of the request (specific page)
- the access status/HTTP status code
- the respective amount of data transmitted
- the website from which the request comes
- the browser
- the operating system and its interface
- the language and the version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are assigned to and stored on the hard drive of the browser which you are using and by means of which the location which sets the cookie (here that means us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run any programs or transmit any viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet provision more user-friendly and effective overall.
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised once more when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending upon the cookie involved. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and, for example, decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that as a result you may possibly not be able to use all features of this site.
f) The Flash cookies used are not detected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of whichever browser you use, and they do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want to process the Flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, for example "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
§ 4 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which will inform you about our current interesting job offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to inform you about possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only requirement for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The specification of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter and forward it to CleverReach® (CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Germany, www.cleverreach.com/de/impressum) where it is also stored for the purpose of targeting marketing. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the cancellation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to email@example.com or the contact details given in the imprint.
§ 5 Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis services provided by Google Inc. ('Google'). Google Analytics uses so-called 'Cookies', text files which are saved on your computer, and which enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the Cookie regarding your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will first abbreviate your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other states that are parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional circumstances will the full IP address be forwarded to a Google server in the USA, and abbreviated there.
On the instruction of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services to the website operator with respect to website and internet usage. The IP address forwarded from your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can block Cookies from being saved via the appropriate setting in your browser software. However, please note that this means that not all the functions of this website will be fully available to you.
Furthermore, you can block the capture of data generated by the Cookie regarding your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin found under this link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Given the discussion concerning the use of analysis tools with complete IP addresses, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()” and therefore IP addresses are further processed only after they have been abbreviated, to prevent any direct personal relationship from being drawn.You also have the option of blocking the future capture of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link and thus installing an Opt-Out Cookie:Deactivate Google Analytics
§ 6 Use of Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube
Our website uses social plug-ins ("plug-ins") from various social networks. You can use these plug-ins to share contents, for example, or to recommend products to others.
If these plug-ins are activated, your browser establishes a direct connection within the servers of the respective social network as soon as you retrieve one of the web pages on our Internet site. The content of the plug-ins tells the social network that you have retrieved the corresponding page of our internet site. If you are logged into the social network, it can assign your visit to your account. If you interact with the plug-in, by pressing the Facebook "like" button for example, or by writing a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted directly by your browser to the social network and saved. You will find the purpose and scope of data acquisition and further processing, and use of the data by social networks, as well as your corresponding rights and setting options for the protection of your personal privacy from the data protection information for the respective networks or websites. You will find the link further below.
If you do not want the social networks to collect data about you via your internet site, you must logout of these networks before visiting out Internet site. Even if you are not logged onto the social networks, websites with active social plug-ins can transmit data to the networks. An active plug-in registers a Cookie with a code each time a website is retrieved. Due to the fact that your browser sends this Cookie unprompted each time a connection is made with a network server, the network could in principle create a profile in which websites the user belonging the code has retrieved. This means it is certainly possible for this code to be reallocated to a person - such as when logging on to the social network at a later point of time.
We use the following plug-ins on our website:
If you do not want social networks to collate data about you via active plug-ins, you can either simply deactivate the social plugins by selecting the function "block third-party Cookies" in your browser settings. This means that the browser does not send Cookies to the server with embedded contents. However, apart from the plug-ins, other functions across the pages might no longer work under some circumstances.
a) Facebook "Like Button"
We use plugins from the social network www.facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). Such a social plug-in is indicated by the Facebook logo or the additional information "Facebook Social Plug-in".
You will find a link to the Facebook data protection declaration here:
b) Facebook Tracking Pixel
We use the Facebook Tracking Pixel ("visitor action pixel") from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook") on our websites. This allows us to follow the actions of users after they looked at or clicked on a Facebook advert, enabling us to record the effectiveness of Facebook adverts for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous for us, meaning that we cannot view the personal data of individual users. However, this data is saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook's data use guideline. You can allow Facebook and its partners to display adverts on and outside of Facebook.
Furthermore, we also use the so-called two-click solution in relation to Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube. In other words, when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in can be identified by the marking on the box above its initial letter or logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider carries out the data collection, in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box via the security settings of your browser.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purpose of the processing, the retention periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plug-in provider.
The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-logged-in users) for the presentation of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise it. Through the plug-ins we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and for example, if you link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend logging out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will prevent you from being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
For more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; weitere Informationen zur Datenerhebung: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other sowie www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.